Saturday, June 4, 2011

Kids picnic table

So about a month ago my son and I were shopping when he came across a kids picnic table that he REALLY wanted, the only problem was the price tag. $80.00!!!! Sorry kid, I love ya but it isn't going to happen right now. I knew that it wouldn't be a hard build so I promised that I would make one.
I am so bad about getting 'in progress' pictures, by the time I remembered I was practically done with the build.
The original plan I started with only had a 31" long tabletop. My four year old wouldn't be able to sit more than one more friend at the table with him. I realized that I would be altering these plans for sure!
Another view, here you can see the under support which wasn't in the original plans. I felt it necessary to add this with the length added to the top. I also wanted to add an umbrella and felt that the lower support would be helpful with the umbrella as well.
 My four year old enjoying the table before the umbrella addition.
 Finished product!! I'm so happy with how it turned out, I even like it more than the table we found at Cost Plus World Market.
table dimensions
Tabletop: 41" wide by 18 1/4" deep
Overall depth: 34"
Height (without umbrella): 18 3/4"
 Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment